Keep Trick or Treaters Safe This Fall ~Lewisville Lawn Care~
Do you have your ghouls, ghosts, and goblins ready and rehearsed for a spooky Halloween?
Where did you place your scary monsters, clumsy witches, and black cats in your TX. lawn and landscape? Are they out of the way of excited kids running across your yard to get to your front door? If not, you may want to move your monster mash to a safer spot.
Main Street Mowing, your Flower Mound, Highland Village and Lewisville lawn care company, wants to remind you to keep your lawn and landscape safe for the little ones.
There are some other areas that you should clean up or move to make your home safe for trick or treaters this fall:
1. Put pets in the house. Don’t give the neighbor kids a trick. Pick up dog droppings before the kids hit the street. Also, keep Fido indoors for both his sake and the neighbor kids. Some children are petrified of dogs and other animals. Plus, all the excitement of trick or treaters will make your pet more anxious.
2. Keep your house and outdoors well-lit. This helps children (and their parents) safely navigate to your front door. Fix outdoor lights or install black bulbs for a spooktacular Halloween!
3. Pick up clutter. Put bikes and scooters away. Put away the hose and any other object that a toddler, preschooler or even a teen could trip over.
4. Use glow sticks or battery-operated candles in Jack O’Lanterns. Fire and little kids usually don’t mix. So play it safe and use glow sticks or battery-operated candles instead of regular candles.
5. Greet kiddos in the driveway. Instead of making little feet navigate a well-decorated walkway and porch, meet them in the driveway.
6. Sweep up all wet leaves. You can avoid a tumble in your yard when it’s filled wet leaves are picked up. Sweep them up before the witching hour begins in your community.
If you love trying to guess who the neighbor kids are or dressing up yourself to hand out candy on All Hallow’s Eve, remember the above to keep everyone safe, smiling and having fun. Need some decorating tips? Your Lewisville lawn care company found some ideas at Today’s Homeowner.
Do you need help cleaning up your TX. lawn this fall? Then contact us, your Flower Mound, Highland Village and Lewisville lawn care company for all of your fall lawn and mowing needs. Call us today at 214-317-8301214-317-8301 or chat with us, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Day, Julie. “Halloween Decorating Tips for Your Home,” Today’s Homeowner.com.
Drake, Brooke. “5 Tips to Make Your House Kid-Friendly for Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween,” Bounce Energy.com.